Monday, July 18, 2011

Tums and zucchinis...

Hey there everyone!
Making pizza did not work out today sadly. The guy and I went out to hang out with friends last night and I wasn't feeling well. This morning I felt mostly better but pizza man woke up feeling terrible. I guess I got him sick, whoops! Either way most of the day was spent curled up in front of the telly with the puke bowl and a bottle of tums.
So far today I've had a two zuccini bread cup cakes (recipe below)with peanut butter and have been munching on blue berries. Super yummy swiss chard for dinner and maybe a little sorbet for dessert. I haven't eaten too much because I'm still feeling a little under the weather. I'll try again tomorrow to make pizza.
Anyone have any home remedy's that are easy to stomach and taste good?


I was inspired to make this because there was a homeless giant zucchini up for grabs and I hate to waste a good vegetable.

Zucchini Bread:
-2 c peeled grated zucchini
-2 c sugar
-3/4 c apple sauce (or any other egg substitute that is the equivalent to 3 eggs)
-1 c veggie oil
-1 tsp vanilla
-3 c flour
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking powder
-3 tsp cinnamon
-1 dash ginger (optional, I just love ginger!)

Feel free to add walnuts or chocolate chips if you like :)

Preheat 325 degrees F
Mix dry ingredients together and stir. In a separate bowl mix together zucchini, apple sauce, and vanilla. Combine all ingredients and put into a greased bread hour for pan or into a cupcake tin.
Cook for about an hour for bread and around 30 minuets for cupcakes (depending on the saze of the tin)
Tip: To make taking bread out of the pan easily, let it sit for five minuets before removing from pan because the bread shrinks when it cool.

I love eating this with margarine or peanut butter and a big thing of vanilla almond milk.
Enjoy!
Have a great night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment