Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chocolate for breakfast??? I think yes!


Good Morning Sunshine!
I hope you all slept better than I did. My beautiful boyfriend woke me up at 4:30 to the soothing sounds of violence and what sounded like an intense session of saving the world from Nazi zombies. So needless to say I'm a little sleepy and overall unmotivated to get up and start my day. To help with this I decided to make myself chocolate oatmeal for breakfast to jazz up my taste buds and my mood.




I know it looks a little like poo but this sweet chocolatey mixture is delicious enough to satisfy the most picky eater. It's like having dessert for breakfast except it's still healthy! I found this recipe while on the Runner's World website, so it must be nutritious.

Chocolate oatmeal- as you like it
-1 c water
-1/2 c. quick oats or normal oatmeal
-1 tbs. cocoa powder
-1/4 c. fruit of choice (raisins*, banana, raspberries, ect.)
-1 tsp salt (optional)
-1 handful of nuts (optional)
-Preferred sweetener

Bring 1 c. water and salt to a boil in a sauce pan. Stir in oats and continue boiling until cooked. (1 minuets for quick oats and about 10 for normal oatmeal) Be sure to stir constantly or it will burn. Once oatmeal is cooked add desired fruit choice, cocoa powder, and nuts. Stir it all up and sweeten to taste.
*Tip: If you want to add raisins try cooking it with the oatmeal in the saucepan so the raisins get nice and plump.

My favorite ingredient is nice tangy rasins but I couldn't find any today so I added chopped banana and sliced almond. I also had a zingy cup of ginger orange tea that I make myself. It's just Ginger and a hint of cinnamon soaked in hot water and then a little orange peel thrown in to soak. (you can see the little orange peel floating in the photo) It makes for a very bright and refreshing drink in the morning!
I hope you all are having a wonderful morning! Does anyone else have a favorite vegan breakfast dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment