Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lazy Vegan No More!!!


My name is Beth and I am attending Umass Amherst this fall. I have been Vegan for 3 years and was vegetarian for 4 years before that. I am a lazy vegan for the most part eating my instant oatmeal, canned soups, and whole carrots without any unneeded effort or spending any extra time in the kitchen. I do love cooking but I never had the motivation to cook special meals for myself only for others. For my birthday I received a few vegan cook books and decided that I wanted to enjoy the foods I ate more. To not just eat mindlessly because I had to but as a form of enjoyment and supplying my body with the best fuel and nutrition that I can.

I am going to do all cooking on a EXTREMELY limited budget of a poor college student so no excuses for those of you who claim a healthy vegan lifestyle is "too expensive".

So I am casting aside the prepackaged noodles and dehydrated mashed potatoes and challenging myself to healthy vegan cooking. I will post recipes, photos, and brutal honesty about my cooking failures (I'm sure there will be quite a few.) Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment